Who we are
Business East Sussex is operated by the Let’s Do Business (South East) Group Limited a company limited by guarantee, registered in England & Wales, no. 07422542. Vat No. 114 497433. Registered Office: 7-9 Wellington Square, Hastings, East Sussex, TN34 1PD.
Our contact details are:
87-89 London Road
What information we collect and how
The information we collect via the Website may include.
- Any personal details you knowingly provide us with through forms and our email, such as name, company name, address, telephone number, email address.
- Your preferences and use of email updates, recorded by emails we send you (if you select to receive email updates on products and offers).
- Your IP Address, this is a string of numbers unique to your computer that is recorded by our web server when you request any page or component on the Website. This is statistical data about our users browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual
Cookies are small text files stored on your computer; they are used to collect visitor behaviour information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser setting to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site
- Some cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how the website works.
What we do with your information
We will only disclose your information to third parties when:
- We are required to do so by our funders or in relation to the contracts we manage.
- If there is a business/operational need to do so we will inform you and seek your consent as we may use third parties to process data on our behalf or run projects in conjunction with other organisations. Should we anticipate such activity we will inform you at the point we collect information.
- We are under a duty to do so in order to comply with a legal obligation or to protect the rights, property or safety of others; this includes, but is not limited to exchanging information with other organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and crime prevention.
- We will retain your information in line with the period outlined at the time the data is collected and only for as long as it is necessary to do so.
We may need to pass the information we collect to other companies for administrative purposes. We may use third parties to carry out certain activities, such as processing and sorting data, monitoring how customers use the Website and issuing our e-mails. Third parties are expressly forbidden from using your personal information for their own purposes.
Personal information is processed for the following specified purposes
- Processing your requests and delivering services you request from us
- Sending you information you have requested
- Auditing the usage of our website
- Monitoring the usage of our website to enable us to update and tailor our website to meet the need of users
- Sending marketing information only where a person has specifically consented to this
- To comply with our legal obligations including fraud protection and crime prevention
Business East Sussex will only send you a marketing email when you gave your consent to sign up to a mailing list, distribution list or newsletter. Consent will always be our main priority. We ensure that we have a system in accordance with data protection principles whereby consent is freely given and that you are able to give a positive opt-in. This would always be your choice.
Subject Access Requests: You have the right to request the information we hold about you. This is known as a Subject Access Request (SAR). Before we agree to this, you must provide us with sufficient evidence of your identity and sufficient details of the information you wish to see to enable us to locate it.
You have the right to correct any errors in information we hold about you, and to change or correct any details you have already given us. Please inform us about changes to your details so that we can keep our records accurate and up to date
The right to be forgotten
In some circumstances you can ask for your personal information to be deleted, for example:
- Where your personal information is no longer needed for the reason it was collected in the first place
- Where you have removed your consent for us to use your information (where there is no other legal reason us to use it)
- Where there is no legal reason for the use of your information
- When deleting the information is a legal requirement
- All requests will be responded to within a month.
Any changes we make to this Policy will be posted on our website
- Any other websites which may be linked to by our website are subject to their own policy, which may differ from ours.
- Links to external sites are provided as a convenience to users and such sites are not under our control.
- The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement of that site by us and we are not responsible for the contents of any linked site or indeed any link contained in a linked site or for any loss or inconvenience arising from the use of such a site.