As well as the general rules for distance selling, there are some extra rules for selling online.
- list the steps involved in a customer placing an order
- acknowledge receipt of any orders electronically as soon as possible
- take reasonable steps to allow customers to correct any errors in their order
- let customers know what languages are available to them
- make sure customers can store and reproduce your terms and conditions, ie these can be downloaded and printed off
- give your email address
- give your VAT number (if your business is registered for VAT)
- give clear prices and delivery costs for your products
You could be classed as a trader if you sell goods or services. If you’re trading, you’re self-employed.