5. If your business or premises change

Your business rates could change if:

  • you move or make changes to your premises
  • the nature of your business changes
  • you sublet part of your property
  • you merge 2 or more properties into 1

You must report any changes to ensure you’re paying the right amount and don’t get a backdated increase in your bill.

Report changes to:

Telephone (England): 03000 501 501
Telephone (Wales): 03000 505 505
Find out about call charges

If your premises are affected by local disruption
You may get a temporary reduction in your business rates if your premises are affected by severe local disruption (eg flooding, building or roadworks).

Contact the VOA or your local assessor to find out if you can claim.

Find out the rateable value of premises
If you’re moving to new premises, you can find out how much the rateable value is in England or Wales or in Scotland.

Interested in finding out more?

Get in touch with us now to find out how we can help.