Local education providers, Sussex Coast College are looking to work with engineering and manufacturing businesses operating within East Sussex, to work with them to better improve education and learning in this field.
They are holding a curriculum planning workshop on Tuesday 26th January 2016 at their Ore Valley Campus on Parker Road in Hastings between 2 and 6pm.
This event offers employers a great opportunity to not only challenge education providers, but to work with them to better meet their needs and address skills and recruitment challenges.
The workshop will be split into two areas:
1. Study Programmes: engineering and manufacturing training for 16-18 year olds
- An overview of the current sector offer for 16-18s and government rules that training providers must adhere to
- An open discussion about how SCCH can adapt 16-18 programmes to better meet local need and what employers can do to support young people.
2. Engineering and manufacturing training for apprentices and adults
- An overview of the current adult and apprenticeship offer in engineering and manufacturing within East Sussex
- An outline of the changes in apprenticeships from 2017/18
- An open discussion about better meeting the needs of employers in East Sussex
- Develop an action plan from the ideas to implement changes and hold providers and employers to account.